Arts 4 Dementia values the skills and time given by volunteers and interns, who we hope will gain valuable experience with us, as we develop our groundbreaking arts and educational programme to help stimulate and re-energise people in the early stages of dementia.
Arts 4 Dementia’s London Arts Challenge in 2012 is developing a pioneering programme of arts workshops London for people in the early stages of dementia and their carers, now part of the London 2012 Inspire Programme.
We are seek volunteers to re-energise inspire people with dementia and their carers by joining our Poetry and Communication workshops at Putney Library. The course will consist of eight weekly poetry-writing sessions led by Cheryl Moskowitz, for six people with dementia and carers. They will take place on Wednesdays, Volunteer training 2 May, poetry sessions 9, 16, 23, 26 & 30 May, 6 & 13 June, 2-4pm.
Volunteer sessions will involve:
- helping participants develop their ideas
- giving feedback on participants’ poetic creations
Arts 4 Dementia will give you training and support but it will be your passion and artistic talent that will help stimulate the minds of our participants, elevating them above their symptoms.
You will work with our chief executive of Arts 4 dementia on the development of our arts activities for people living with dementia in the community and their carers and help to build up our database.
Your Skills and Experience
- You will assist at our pioneering London Arts Challenge in 2012 pilot projects.
- You will help with our blogger programme.
- You may help to raise awareness through social networking sites, including Facebook, Twitter and other community sites.
Please submit your Arts 4 Dementia Volunteer Sign-Up form.Your enthusiasm for the response to and progress of our work will be much valued in Arts 4 Dementia’s endeavour to provide greater understanding, to provide evidence and opportunities to inspire people coping with the stresses of dementia.
- You are articulate and professional, able to provide information concisely and effectively to people reaching out to Arts 4 Dementia.
- You have effective communication skills.
- You are skilled with
- Social media platforms, the blogging ecosystem and how best to deploy Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Flickr , etc.
- You are highly motivated.