New opportunity - January 2017
ARTS 4 DEMENTIA seeks a Charity Administrator to provide efficient administrative support to the Chief Executive and the A4D team in the delivery of our arts workshops, website signposting, training and fundraising to help develop nationwide artistic opportunities to re-energise and inspire people affected by early stage dementia and their carers.
- Assisting in the day-to-day running of the charity, point of contact for public enquiries, artists, arts organisations, volunteers, families affected by dementia, carers and memory and care services
- Maintaining A4D workshop and events calendar and appointments diaries
- Providing support, responding to enquiries and taking event bookings for A4D training and fundraising events, arts workshops and seminars
- Contacting memory services to spread awareness of A4D workshop programmes
- Attending trustees' meetings, preparing and taking minutes
- Maintaining office systems and charity filing records; keeping accurate and timely records of income and expenditure; keeping accounts updated weekly, producing monthly accounts reports and assisting on bank reconciliations and annual accounts
- Producing schedules for grant expenditure
- Ensuring efficient purchase of supplies
- Updating the charity website with A4D workshops and nationwide arts events; contacting arts organisations to encourage signposting of their events
- Raising public awareness through social media, public noticeboards and newsletters
- Experience as a proactive hands on administrator, able to deal with all demands calmly, with a flexible and adaptable attitude
- Adept at Word, email, Excel, PowerPoint, social media platforms, web literacy including website updating.
- Good written and spoken English
- Ability to communicate clearly, to build excellent relationships with a variety of people and organisations
- Well organised and highly motivaed.
- Relevant experience such as a charity or organisation in the arts and health sectors
- Familiarity with Eventbrite, MailChimp, CRMs
Hours and location: Initially 20 to 21 hours, e.g, 5 mornings per week at The Music Base arts hub at Kings Place, 5 minutes’ walk from Kings Cross.
Salary: £20-23,000 pa (pro rata).
If you think you can make a real contribution to Arts 4 Dementia, please email your CV by Monday 16 January to
Nigel Franklin, Chief Executive, Arts 4 Dementia